Happy Birthday Ems!
Wait. Do yall hear that? Yup, it’s Swizz Beatz’ Everyday, Birthday playing in background. Aren’t the birthday theme balloons beautiful? They’re floating peacefully in the air to celebrate my special day!
I’ve turn 26. Yay #TeamVirgo! A whole day couldn’t hold ya girl, so I’m throwing my hands up and riding the rest of this month out celebrating my b-day. Drum roll please…let’s bring on the life lessons!
- Where You Spend Your Energy–Is Your Life. Don’t waste your mental energy on bull crap. I know it’s hard but try not to dwell on the negative; instead, spend more time building the person YOU want to be.
- Laugh Dammit! Laugher is really the best medicine, so do it more often. Find the humor in situations that would normally upset you. I find funny memes, watch comedy shows and write angry raps to keep me happy. Next time you’re having a bad day write and perform an angry rap. I’m telling you, during the process your anger will melt away and turn into laughter.
- Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone. Do anything you’ve always wanted to do. I decided to roll my body in a belly dancing class. It’s something that I’ve always wanted to do but was too shy to attempt. Always go towards the situations that scary you the most.
- Enough said.
- Don’t Believe Everything You Hear. Knowledge is Power. I’ve learned the hard way to always research and find facts for myself, in any situation.
- What Other People Think Of You Is None Of Your Business– They can suck lemons. I’m working really hard on putting my whole focus on what I think of myself because now I know that’s more important #Hardlifelesson
- Good Communication Skills Equals Larger Access To The World– Learning how to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to different audiences is an essential skill. Add good listening skills to this equation and dammit you’re Beyonce. Now that I’ve said all that, I’m working like hell on this.
- PERFECTION=CRAZY– Nobody is perfect. Don’t try to make yourself fit into a square when you’re an awesome STAR!
- HAVE FUN! – Don’t wait for the perfect job, the perfect guy or the perfect situation. Create fun and happiness in your daily life
- Learn To Relax Every day. Everyone needs to relax. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Relaxation isn’t just for the weekends. I’ve created a daily routine to relax my mind. I talk to my friends and love ones, write in my journal and take a relaxing bubble bath while watching comedy skits. Do anything that will get your shoulders from touching the bottoms of your earlobes to relaxing comfortably where they’re supposed to sit. That’s legal.
These are my 10. Have any life lessons? Share them in the comment section below.
Remember to follow me on FB and Twitter!
Now back to Swizz Beatz(doing the James Brown).